
The REOCCURING mood for this novel would be eerie or grim. This is so because most of the time in the book there a weird sense of evil lurking in the pages. In the beginning of the novel the mood feels care-free. As we advance a little bit towards the middle of the novel the evil creeps out as conflicts slowly emerge. As the kids develop a fear of some sort of ''beast'' on the island, the eerie mood pretty much creates a home for itself in the rest of the pages. When the pig is cut and made into the ''LORD OF THE FLIES'' that REALLY made me shiver. I could picture the savageness and demonish look in the eyes of Jack and Roger when they were doing the horrible deed. I could feel how shocking it was for Ralph when Piggy was killed. I could imagine the kids doing the satanic dance with bloodlust in their eyes.
This novel saddens me because I hate the think of kids in our community capable of behaving like the Lord of The Flies kids. William Golding had witnessed many acts of human cruelness in his life and this novel depicts that perfectly. When I was a little kid I always had guidance because my parents helped me step in the wrong direction. However I realize that many kids in this world are like the Lord of the Flies kids. War and the evil of the world leaves many kids stranded without anyone to guide them in the right direction. We hear of many kids in Africa becoming soldiers and kids being sold in sex slavery. This novel should open the eyes of the world to the Lord of the Flies situations still existing today.

Aucun commentaire:
Publier un commentaire