
In the book, most of the settings were in space. Ender spent most of his time in zero-gravity areas, so when Ender finally came down to Earth, that was very special. Before Battle School, Earth had been Enders home. But after Ender had become accustomed to Battle School, Earth felt like a foreign place to him when he came down to visit. He stayed in a house by a big lake, in which he swam in everyday. Although he didn't know it, he probably was very happy to be a place where gravity is normal. Where there is sun to burn your skin and water to swim in. I think he chose the lake house as the location he would stay in on purpose so that he can reconnect with his old self. Nature would probably be more helpful than the honking of cars and bright annoying lights of the city.
This setting was meaningful to me because it relates to me. When I first came to Korea from America, I was so uncomfortable. Everything about Korea was unknown to me. I was completely American style and my cousins called me "Yankee" and stuff. I didn't really care then because I too made fun of Korean people who tried to speak English in America. However, as I have lived here for a long time, I find that I can identify with Koreans more than Americans. I am also Koreanized sort of. I don't shave my head anymore, but instead have the typical teenager haircut. I also understand mostly all Korean words, which is SOOO much better than when I was in America. In America I knew maybe 6 words at most? Anyways, my point is that when someone lives somewhere for some time, no matter how uncomfortable it may seem at first, you will eventually get used to it, and maybe love it.
This setting was meaningful to me because it relates to me. When I first came to Korea from America, I was so uncomfortable. Everything about Korea was unknown to me. I was completely American style and my cousins called me "Yankee" and stuff. I didn't really care then because I too made fun of Korean people who tried to speak English in America. However, as I have lived here for a long time, I find that I can identify with Koreans more than Americans. I am also Koreanized sort of. I don't shave my head anymore, but instead have the typical teenager haircut. I also understand mostly all Korean words, which is SOOO much better than when I was in America. In America I knew maybe 6 words at most? Anyways, my point is that when someone lives somewhere for some time, no matter how uncomfortable it may seem at first, you will eventually get used to it, and maybe love it.

Aucun commentaire:
Publier un commentaire