
"So the whole war is because we can't talk to each other."
"If the other fellow can't tell you his story, you can never be sure he isn't trying to kill you."
"What if we just left them alone?"
"Ender, we didn't go to them first, they came to us. If they were going to leave us alone, they could have done it a hundred years ago, before the First Invasion."
"Maybe they didn't know we were intelligent life. Maybe—"
This particular passage was meaningful to me because it can relate to my life. I remember a time in my life when I was in L.A that I had a quarrel with some other people. Me and my friends had somehow offended the other group and this caused the other group to start screaming cuss words at us. We had no idea what we had done, or if any of our friends had done something to provoke the other group. However, since they were showering us with curse words, they got us really angry and we began retaliating. There began to be fists being swung and kicks being launched into ribs. It was when I was really young though, like around 10 years old, so luckily we didn't have that much power in our attacks. However, some people got a few bruises and what not but after the fight we asked what was the matter. Apparently one of my friends was glaring at the group for quite some time without us knowing. The other group misunderstood the stare as a sign of disrespect when my friend was just checking out a hoody that one was wearing. I'm just kidding, after the fight we didn't talk to the other group and we just found out from a confession from my friend. You see what the problem was? MISCOMMUNICATION.
If my friends and I were able to communicate with the other group there probably wouldn't have been any conflict. However, our desire for ruthlessness caused us to forget about reason. If the humans and the buggers were able to communicate, it would have been so peaceful. Unfortunately the humans were blinded by fear and had no more compassion left in them. Only Ender was the one who still had the sense to think of buggers like humans.
"If the other fellow can't tell you his story, you can never be sure he isn't trying to kill you."
"What if we just left them alone?"
"Ender, we didn't go to them first, they came to us. If they were going to leave us alone, they could have done it a hundred years ago, before the First Invasion."
"Maybe they didn't know we were intelligent life. Maybe—"
This particular passage was meaningful to me because it can relate to my life. I remember a time in my life when I was in L.A that I had a quarrel with some other people. Me and my friends had somehow offended the other group and this caused the other group to start screaming cuss words at us. We had no idea what we had done, or if any of our friends had done something to provoke the other group. However, since they were showering us with curse words, they got us really angry and we began retaliating. There began to be fists being swung and kicks being launched into ribs. It was when I was really young though, like around 10 years old, so luckily we didn't have that much power in our attacks. However, some people got a few bruises and what not but after the fight we asked what was the matter. Apparently one of my friends was glaring at the group for quite some time without us knowing. The other group misunderstood the stare as a sign of disrespect when my friend was just checking out a hoody that one was wearing. I'm just kidding, after the fight we didn't talk to the other group and we just found out from a confession from my friend. You see what the problem was? MISCOMMUNICATION.
If my friends and I were able to communicate with the other group there probably wouldn't have been any conflict. However, our desire for ruthlessness caused us to forget about reason. If the humans and the buggers were able to communicate, it would have been so peaceful. Unfortunately the humans were blinded by fear and had no more compassion left in them. Only Ender was the one who still had the sense to think of buggers like humans.

Aucun commentaire:
Publier un commentaire