
The climax of the novel was the last test of the training in Command School. Before that, Ender had already endured various challenges, such as unfair matches in Battle School, and very hard fights in the simulator of Command School. Ender had grown extremely tired of it and was planning to just fail on purpose so he can go home. However he knew that the last test was very important and that he had to succeed no matter what. When the task appeared before him, it looked worse than impossible. The odds were against Ender, one thousand to one. Nevertheless, Ender takes control of his squadron and commands with great precision and efficiency, which gives him a miracle victory in the end. Ender is finally happy that he has beat the adults in their own game and is about to jump for joy, when he notices that all the grown-ups are already doing it. He finds out from them that he had just annihilated the bugger race and in the process, saved humanity. He had been tricked the whole time into thinking that the simulator was a game, when in truth it was the real battle between humans and buggers. Ender had been commanding each fight the whole time. Ender becomes devastated knowing that he had just wiped out an entire race. This leads him to believe that he and Peter don't have much of a difference in their character.
This climax made me feel very happy and sad at the same time. I knew that something fishy was going on when Ender was still "TRAINING" even towards the end of the book. I was expecting two chapters dedicated to the exciting battles of Ender and the buggers. I was expecting Ender to be a teenager boy in a ship commanding a fleet to attack. Like Star Wars. But when the story didn't get close to any of that, I knewing that Ender was saving the world while playing the simulator.
I was very happy that the buggers were killed because honestly, I would hate to live in the same universe as them. I am scared of even regular bugs, so why would I would I want to live knowing that theres a chance for an invasion of human-sized ants. I liked it when the grown-ups rejoiced because they suddenly became so childish in their actions.
I was a little sad though when I read about how Ender was feeling. No matter what happens, Ender always seems like a depressed guy.
This climax made me feel very happy and sad at the same time. I knew that something fishy was going on when Ender was still "TRAINING" even towards the end of the book. I was expecting two chapters dedicated to the exciting battles of Ender and the buggers. I was expecting Ender to be a teenager boy in a ship commanding a fleet to attack. Like Star Wars. But when the story didn't get close to any of that, I knewing that Ender was saving the world while playing the simulator.
I was very happy that the buggers were killed because honestly, I would hate to live in the same universe as them. I am scared of even regular bugs, so why would I would I want to live knowing that theres a chance for an invasion of human-sized ants. I liked it when the grown-ups rejoiced because they suddenly became so childish in their actions.
I was a little sad though when I read about how Ender was feeling. No matter what happens, Ender always seems like a depressed guy.

Aucun commentaire:
Publier un commentaire